Friday, April 10, 2009

Facebook Changes

As a Facebook user and fan, I was aggrivated by yet another change in the design of the website. Things were completely changed around and moved, I could barely find the things I needed to. I had been wondering why they would change this website when it appeared to be working fine, and now my inquiries have been laid to rest. In reading Fastcompany's article: Facebook Does Some Science, Concludes Redesign is good for Ads, I have discovered that this new change is due to an advertising move. Facebook designers have attempted to design the website to look like Twitter, a new fad that is taking the World Wide Web by storm. Although I do not like the change, I understand the new move. Facebook does not want to loose any of their many followers to Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment