Friday, April 3, 2009

Today I am writing in response to an article FastCompany.com entitled "25-Foot Junk Food Pyramid to Raise Awareness and Hunger." I found it very interesting that this unidentified group of people decided to make this huge pyramid in to get people's attention regarding the junk they eat. Reading this article made me evaluate my own eating habits and I realized just how much junk I actually intake. Being a college student, its not common to come home and be able to cook a full course meal with two vegetables and a meat. It is often much faster to just pick up something on the way to class or when class is over. And the places to eat on campus are limited health wise and otherwise. Us students are surrounded by pizza, burgers, fries and other things that probably arent the healthiest for us. Im worried that these eating habits will become a life pattern and that in my career when I don't have time, I will always turn to the quick McDonald's or Burger King. Or when Im overwhelmed with work, I don't want to force my children to eat pizza because I had no time to cook. This article has made me consider healthier eating habits, for now and for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment